on Dec 18 2011.
1. Recently, Indian President Pratibha Patil has laid the foundation
stone for the 'Asian Textiles Museum' in which of the following
Southeast Asian countries?
(a) Thailand (b) Indonesia (c) Vietnam (d) Cambodia
2. Which of the following Indian actors has been appointed as Brand
Ambassador of Kansai Nerolac Paints Ltd, India's leading paint
manufacturer?(a) Abhishek Bachchyan (b) Amir Khan (c) Shahrukh Khan
(d) Akshay Kumar
3. Who among the following personalities has been appointed as the new
chairman of Central Board of Direct Taxes?
(a) Pratyush Sinha (b) C P Jain (c) K Vasudev (d) M C Joshi
4. Which of the following Indian cricket players won the Polly Umrigar
Award 2011 for his performance during 2009-2010?
(a) Rahul Dravid (b) Sachin Tendulkar (c) Mahendra Singh Dhoni (d)Sehwag
5. For the first time, the Comptroller and Auditor General of India
(CAG) has been appointed as external auditor of two major UN
organisations. Identify the organizations.
(a) World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Atomic Energy
Agency (IAEA) (b) UNESCO an d World Intellectual Property Organisation
(WIPO) (c) Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and World Intellectual Property
Organisation (WIPO) (d) UNICEF and UNESCO
6. Name the richest country in the world with per capita income of
U.S. $ 90,149 in 2010, according to Global Finance, a leading US
business magazine, which has released the list recently.
(a) Qatar(b) Luxembourg(c) Norway(d) Singapore
7. Name the virus which was responsible for attackingGoogle's social
networking site, Orkut on September25, 2010.
(a) FIRE Worm(b) Bom Sabado Worm(c) BOBBIT Virus(d) GALLUP Virus 82.
8.Which software company has designed "worldwidetelescope" a computer
programme, which enables youto study even the universe and zoom the
(a) IBM(b) Oracle(c) Google(d) Microsoft
9. "Your Place In The Sky" is the slogan of:
(a) Air India(b) atar Airways(c) Lufthansa Airlines(d) Air France
10. Which animal has been declared as national heritageanimal of India
in order to set up measures for itsprotection?
(a) Dolphin(b) Rhinoceros(c) Elephant(d) Lion
11. Who among the following personalities is the DirectorGeneral of
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)?
(a) Yukiya Amano(b) Yui Kei(c) Ali Asgar Soltaniyeh(d) Anders Fogh Rasmussen
12. A New York judge slapped a record $92.8 million fine onRaj
Rajaratnam, the hedge fund manager convicted inMay, 2011 on 14 counts
of insider trading charges. Heis from:
(a) India(b) Pakistan(c) Sri Lanka(d) Singapore
13. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority(IRDA), relaxed
its earlier decision asking insurancecompanies to guarantee a minimum
return of whatpercent on unit-linked pension policies?
(a) 3 percent(b) 4 percent(c) 4.5 percent(d) 5 percent
14. Which of the following Indian cricketers has recentlypledged to
donate his organs?
(a) Virender Sehwag(b) Sachin Tendulkar(c) Gautam Gambhir(d) Yuvraj Singh
15. An endeavour to ensure that no person in India dies forwant of an
organ, supported by the Apollo TransplantInstitutes has been launched
under the name of:
(a) 'Hand in Hand'(b) 'Gift a Life'(c) 'Donate a life'(d) 'Gift to Nation'
16. National Human Right Commission has issued noticefor non-payment
of adequate compensation in Kasaragoddistrict to the victims of which
of the following chemicalpoisoning?
(a) MIC(b) Endosulfan(c) BHC(d) Malathion
17. Sree Padmanabhswami temple, a Hindu shrine situatedat
Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala is dedicated to whichof the following
(a) Lord Shiva(b) Lord Vishnu(c) Lord Brahma(d) Lord Murugan Swamy
18. AH 4 Apache and CH-47 Chinook are combat and heavylift helicopters
respectively which have been developedby:
(a) Bell(b) Lockeed Martin(c) Avicopter(d) Boeing
19. Name the recently elected Prime Minister of Greece.
(a) Kostas Karamanlis(b) Andreas Papandreou(c) Konstantinos
Mitsotakis(d) Lucas Papademos
20. Recently a former President was convicted to sevenyear jail term
for rape and other sexual offences. Identifythe country to which he
(a) Italy(b) Israel(c) Spain(d) Portugal
21. BICRA 'Group 5' includes:
(a) China(b) Portugal(c) Thailand and Turkey(d) All of the above
22. Which one of the following Indian cities would host theWorld
Economic Forum's (WEF's) India EconomicSummit for the first time in 26
years of the summit'shistory?
(a) New Delhi(b) Chennai(c) Mumbai(d) Bengaluru
23. Honda's human-shaped robot (Humanoid robot) hasbeen named as:
(a) Sapiens(b) I(c) Asimo(d) AI
24. Which of the following companies is a subsidiary of
TataConsultancy Services (TCS) and a leading businessprocess
outsourcing (BPO) provider in the U.K.?
(a) Genpact(b) Diligenta(c) Aegis(d) Total SolutionsPage 8
25. Who among the following has been found guilty ofinvoluntary
manslaughter of the 'King of Pop', MichaelJackson?
(a) Johansson Murphy(b) Conrad Murray(c) John Pitt(d) Dr. J Koetji
100. Mary Ann Gomes is related with which of the followingsports?(a)
Kabaddi(b) Chess(c) Swimming(d) Athletics
1 d 2 c 3 d 4 b 5 c 6 a 7 b 8 d 9 a 10 c 11 a 12 c 13 c 14 c 15 b 16 b
17 b 18 d 19 d 20 b 21 d 22 c 23 c 24 b 25 b 26 b