IBPS CWE Clerical Exam: General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry): Practice Set 2
1. Which of the following bodies tightened the norms for foreign exchange risk cover in India mentioning that only companies with a networth of Rs 200 crore can use derivatives to hedge against risk of volatility in currency rates?
a. IMF b. Reserve Bank of India c. SEBI d. Union Ministry of Finance
2. Which body in India finally provided tax exemption on the 9.5 per cent interest income on PF deposits for 2010-11?
a. Reserve Bank of India b. Income Tax Department c. Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation d. Corporate Affairs Ministry
3. (1) The report on Customer Service in Banks by a committee chaired by M. Damodaran, former Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) that was released on 3 July 2011 recommended an increased deposit insurance cover of Rs.5 lakh so as to encourage individuals to keep all their deposits in banks.
(2) The panel also suggested blocking of lost ATM cards through SMS and immediate restoration of funds in case of non-dispensation of cash at an ATM within 5 working days.
Which of the above is not true?
a. Only 1 b. Only 2 c. Both 1 & 2 d. None of the above
4. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in a bid to tame inflationary pressure hiked the short-term indicative policy rate (repo rate) by 50 basis points on 26 July 2011. The repo rate currently stands at what percentage?
a. 7% b. 7.5% c. 8% d. 8.5%
5. Which bank posted a 99 per cent drop in net profit at Rs 21 crore for the fourth quarter ended 31 March 2011 against Rs 1867 crore during the corresponding period in 2010?
a. Indian Overseas Bank b. State Bank of India c. Bank of India d. United Bank of India
6. Who did global payments processing company MasterCard appoint as the General Manager, South Asia and Country President, India?
a. T. V. Seshadri b. Vicky Bindra c. Tunde Lemo d. Ajay Banga
7. Government of India on 19 July 2011 appointed Usha Ananthasubramanian, former general manager of Bank of Baroda (BoB) as executive director of which public sector lender?
a. Central Bank of India b. Punjab National Bank c. United Bank of India
d. Gramin Bank
8. Name the public sector lender that selected Metlife as its partner for a proposed foray into the life insurance segment.
a. Syndicate Bank b. Punjab National Bank c. Corporation Bank d. United Bank of India
9. Which bank signed a memorandum of understanding with Dewan Housing Finance Corporation (DHFL) under which DHFL will distribute home loans to Yes Bank's customers?
a. Canara Bank b. ABN Amro bank c. Yes Bank d. HSBC
10. Which life insurance company in India launched a new non-linked health insurance plan, Jeevan Arogya?
a. HDFC Standard Life Insurance Co. Ltd b. Life Insurance Corporation of India
c. IDBI Fortis Life Insurance Company Ltd. d. SBI Life Insurance Co. Ltd
11. Which of the following public sector banks in November 2011 froze its lending to the power sector?
a. State Bank of India b. Allahabad Bank c. Punjab National Bank
d. United Bank of India
12. Which Indian bank on 10 May 2011 raised benchmark prime lending rate 75 basis points to 14% following raising of interest rates by RBI by basis points on 3 May 2011?
a. State Bank of India b. Union Bank c. Punjab National Bank d. Bank of Baroda
13. The Reserve Bank of India on 26 April 2011 fined 19 banks, including the country's top private and foreign banks for violating its guidelines on derivatives. Which is the only public sector bank on the list of banks to be fined?
a. State bank of India b. Punjab National Bank c. Bank of India d. Indian Bank
14. The Reserve Bank of India on 25 August 2011 released its Annual Report for 2010-11. Which of the following was not discussed in the Annual Report the Central Board of the RBI?
a. assessment of the macroeconomic performance during 2010-11
b. prospects for 2011-12
c. working and operations of the Reserve Bank and its financial accounts
d. role of regulatory bodies in controlling the financial markets
15. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) panel headed by headed by Usha Thorat, Director, Centre for Advanced Financial Research and Learning (CAFRAL) on 29 August 2011 came up with suggestion on non-banking finance company (NBFC). Which of the following related to this statement is not true?
1. The panel suggested the central bank to insist on a minimum asset size of more than Rs.25 crore for registering any new non-banking finance company (NBFC)
2. Transfer of shareholding, direct or indirect, of 25 per cent and above, change in control, merger or acquisition of any registered NBFC will require prior approval of the Reserve Bank.
3. Tier-I capital for capital to risk weighted assets ratio (CRAR) purposes would be specified at 12 per cent to be achieved in three years for all registered deposit-taking and non-deposit-taking NBFCs.
4. NBFCs would be subject to regulations similar to banks while lending to stock brokers and merchant banks and similar to stock brokers, as specified by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
a. 1 & 4 b. 2 & 4 c. Only 4 d. Only 1
16. Which Indian PSU bank in tune with its plans to expand its retail division in the UK entered the mortgage market in the country for the first time?
a. Punjab National Bank b. Oriental Bank of Commerce c. State bank of India
d. Indian Overseas Bank
17. Which of the following banks set up two loan processing centres for the small and medium enterprise (SME) segment on a pilot basis in Bangalore & in New Delhi in September 2011?
a. Corp Bank b. United Bank of India c. Syndicate Bank d. Bank of Baroda
18. The government suspended M Ramadoss for alleged violations in issuing insurance cover to an airline during his stint as head of another state-run insurer. To which insurance group did he belong to?
a. New India Assurance b. LIC c. GIC d. ICICI Insurance
19. Which of the following banks in early May 2011 entered into a tie-up with non-banking finance companies such as Future Capital, Bajaj Finance, and Reliance Capital to grow its retail portfolio?
a. Central Bank of India b. State Bank of India c. Bank of India d. HDFC Bank
20. Which are the two Gujarat-based cooperative sector lenders on which Reserve bank of India imposed a financial penalty of Rs 1 lakh each for violation of various rules, including anti-money laundering guidelines?
1. Shree MahalaxmiMercantile Co-operative Bank
2. Rander People's Co-operative Bank
3. Abad District Co Op Bank
4. Ahd Mercantile Co-Op Bank Ltd
a. 1 & 2
b. 2 & 3
c. 1 & 4
d. 3 & 4
click on these links for more information
<div dir="ltr" style="text-align: left;" trbidi="on"> <br /></div> 2008 2010 Mobile Excellence Awards 500 abbrevations Abbreviations about Asian Games about sarojini naidu about United Nations Organisation Acronyms Agriculture Amazing Grand Statues Amazing Wonders Ancient Place names and Historic sites Andhra Bank po Andhra Pradesh's GEOGRAPHY Android's Activity Recognition system April 2010 April 2011 April 2012 April 2013 ASM August 10 August 2010 august 2011 Australian Open 2009 Australian Open 2010 AWARDS AWARDS BASED QUESTIONS Bank of Baroda PO/clerk Exam Paper Banks papers bsnl paper BSNL-JTO model paper Business GK C Interview Questions CA CAPGEMINI sample papers CAT 2011 CAT and other competitive exams cate solved papers Central Bank of India PO/clerk Exam Paper CGL Chairmen of UPSC Challenger Deep Chartered Accountancy Chinese Civilization Civil Services Civil Services Aptitude Test Commonwealth games 2014 Computer General Awareness Constitutional Development GK History Corporation Bank Clerk Exam CSAT CSIR Young Scientist Awards 2011 CTET Sample paper Current Affairs Current Affairs :February 2011 Current Affairs 2011 Current Affairs 2012 Current Affairs 2013 Current Affairs 2014 Current Affairs 2015 Current Affairs Quiz Current Affairs Quiz 2011 Current Affairs Quiz 2012 Current Affairs Quiz 2014 Current Affairs Quiz 2015 Current AffairsJuly 2014 Dada Saheb Phalke Award Data Entry Operator date of eamcet 2014 December 2011 December 2013 Democracy vs Republic Dhyan Chand Award-Recipients DMRC train operator model sample paper Downloads eamcet 2014 notification eamcet examdate 2014 eamcet notification 2014 Egyptian Civilization English English Language Test English practice paper for DSC and TET Exam Reminder Facts about India Facts of Human Body Famous Places in India February 10 February 2010 February 2011 February 2012 February 2013 February 2015 FET notification FET-2014 FIFA 2014 FIFA 2018 FIFA 2022 Film Fare Awards full forms G.I.C. G.I.C. Assistant Mananger Exam GAIL Placement Papers gate 2011 key GATE previous Parers gate2012 GD Tips General Awareness General Awareness Practice Questions General Awareness Quiz Geography of India Gk GK questions for IBPS CWE clerks exam Google Now Google now detects parking spot Gov jobs Grammar Quizzes Greek Civilization Group Discussion GS Head of Important Offices (International) history History of Commonwealth Games ias IB ACIO Grade-ii Executive Exam model paper IB madol paper IB modal papers IBM Placement Paper IBPS IBPS Clerk Exams paper IBPS Modal Questions IBPS PO Exams paper icc world T20 icc world T20 team ICICI BANK SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER icici modal paper IFFCO PAPER ifs IIT Hyderabad recruitment IIT-JEE Previous Question Papers Important and Famous Books IMPORTANT DAYS IMPORTANT GOVT. PLANS india gold medals India Power Awards -2010 Indian Banking INDIAN GEOGRAPHY Indian History Quiz Indian Media Indian Satellites at a Glance Intelligence Bureau Recruitment 2013 modal paper International Current Affairs International Current Affairs 2010 International Current Affairs 2011 International Current Affairs 2013 International Organizations Interview Questions Introduction about Civil Service Exam Invention and Discoveries ips IT Companies Papers January 10 January 2010 January 2011 January 2012 January 2013 JNTU-FET-2014 July 2010 July 2011 July 2014 June 2010 June 2011 June 2013 Kannada Rajyotsava Award 2010 Karur Vysya Bank Clerical-po Written Exam Model Paper Karur Vysya Bank PO modal paper LG G Pro 2 LG G Pro 2 launched in India LG G Pro 2 with 51 LIC DSE Modal Paper March 10 March 2010 March 2011 March 2012 March 2013 Mariana Trench MAT Math May 2010 May 2011 May 2012 May 2013 Mesopotamian Civilization Microsoft Placement Papers Model paper for EIL MOON and EARTH National Affairs National Calendar National Current Affairs National Current Affairs 2013 National Games of Some Countries National Parks of India NDA Newspaper-Journal Founder/Editior Nitish clean sweeps opposition Nobel Prizes non verbal problems November 2011 November 2012 November 2013 Numerical Ability October 2010 October 2011 October 2012 Online Current Affairs Quiz 2011 Online General Awarenes Quiz- 1 Oracle Placement Question Paper Patni Placement Question Papers PhD PRACTICE QUIZ Practice Quiz for DMRC 2012 Practice Quiz for IBPS CWE PRIZES Punjab National Bank Exam quiz Quiz 63: on Current Affairs 2014-15 for SSC CGL Quiz in Hindi Quiz on Computer General Awareness quiz on current affairs Quiz on current Affairs December 2011 Quiz on ECONOMY quiz on English Quiz on General Awareness Quiz on Geography Quiz on INDIAN CONSTITUTION Quiz on Indian Geography Quiz on Media Questions... Quiz on Sports Quiz Psychology RAS/RTS Pre. Exam rbi solved papers RDBMS Interview questions reasoning Recipients of Dadasaheb Phalke Award Reserve Bank Of India Roman Civilization rrb RRB Assistant Loco Pilot written exam RRB PAPER Sachin Tendulkar's Records SAIL Placement Papers sarojini naidu sbi SBI Bank PO/Clerical Exam Model Paper sbi clerk sbi previous papers Second Geographical names seminar topicspapers for presentation September2010 September2011 Solved Paper for BEd Entrance some Books and Authors SOME IMPORTANT FACTORS about SUN Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination (SRAE) practice paperRRB PAPER Sport Questions and Answers sports Sports Affairs 2009 Sports Affairs 2010 Sports Affairs 2011 Sports Affairs 2013 SSC SSC CGL 2016 SSC CGL Apply online SSC CGL important dates SSC CGL Notification SSC CGL syllabus SSC CPO 2011 SI ssc exam SSC Group C and D Exam date ssc model paper Statistical Investigators Grade-III and Compiler Exam. Stenographers admit card Stenographers exam Stenographers hallticket Stock Exchanges in India Straits around the world study material for GS study material for IBPS clerk study material for IBPS PO Sub-Inspectors Syndicate Bank PO or clerk exam TAXES IN INDIA tcs online exam questions Terminology The First Indian TICKET COLLECTOR SOLVED PAPER top top 12 Indian Institutions Top 30 Languages by Number of Native Speakers Top Engineering Colleges in India tspsc tspsc syllabus uco clerk/po exam UGC NET Exam papers UN Secretaries Generals Union Bank of India PO or Clerk United India Insurance AO Exam 2009 UPSC upsc papers upsc's civil services exam schedule verbal problems what is HTML5 Wildlife Sanctuaries of India Women Prime Ministers World Civilizations WORLD FAMOUS RIVERS world gk World History wrestling